Accelerate your career! Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Leadership for MINT students
Term: winter term 2021/22
You are planning a career in a (multinational) company, or consultancy firm? You want to start your own business? You seek to be prepared for a future leadership position? You strive for in-depth project management knowledge? This course – specifically designed to address the requirements of MINT students – is the perfect complement to your main study program as it provides you with the necessary strategic, entrepreneurial and leadership know-how which you will need wherever your future career path may take you. Supplement your expert knowledge (from your studies) with business and management know-how, make contacts with business leaders and be prepared for the requirements in your future work environment.
Goal of the Course
The overall purpose of the course is to provide the students of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences with fundamental management skills and tools and to convey an entrepreneurial thinking to prepare them for the diverse tasks as future leaders in their subject area.
- Strategy: What is strategy? How can you position a (biotechnology, insurance,…) company in the face of competition and succeed in the long run?
- Project management: How can you best organize and steer large- and small-scale projects?
- Leadership: How do you lead a team? How can you solve conflicts? How can you motivate others and initiate change?
- Entrepreneurial thinking: How can you become an entrepreneur? What differentiates entrepreneurial leaders? How can you instill an entrepreneurial mindset?
The course is open to all students (Bachelor, Master, Phd) from the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The successful completion of the course qualifies for 3 ECTS in “Studium Integrale” (Bachelor) or can be listed as an extracurricular course on the final certificate (Master). In addition, students can obtain a certificate of successful participation.
- Due to the special situation, the course probably takes place online (via Zoom) as a two-day seminar (03. and 04. December, 8:00am-6:00pm). You must register for the course via KLIPS 2.0.
- Teaching language is English, no prior business knowledge is needed.
- In case you have any unaddressed questions please contact rungewiso.uni-koeln.de.
- Please register for the course via KLIPS 2.0