Develop your own idea into a business model! Agile management techniques for MINT students
Term: summer term 2021
Identifying new business ideas and developing them into a business model becomes more and more important for natural scientists in times of faster and faster innovation cycles. This interactive course provides you with agile management techniques that enable you to systematically detect new business ideas and to develop the idea into a business model. The knowledge and techniques learned will help you during your future career as an employee in a larger organization, as an entrepreneur or as a scientist – wherever your career path may take you.
Goal of the Course
- The overall purpose of the course is to provide the students of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences with the tools to turn an idea into a feasible business model.
- Design Thinking: What type of problems do our customers have? How can we contribute to solving these problems? How does a potential prototype look like? How can we improve our business idea to specifically cater to our clients’ problems?
- Lean Canvas: How can an idea turn into a business model? What are potential risks in the implementation of the idea and how can they be mitigated?
Organizational Information and Accreditation
- The two-day block seminar takes place on 06./07.05.2021 and is open to all students (Bachelor, Master, PhD) from the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
- The course qualifies for 3 ECTS in “Studium Integrale” (Bachelor) or can be listed as an "extracurricular course" on the final diploma (Master).
- On request, students may obtain a certificate of participation.
- Registration via E-Mail to imswiso.uni-koeln.de until 23.03.2021 (please use the following formular):
Subject: Registration for "Develop your own idea into a business model! Agile management techniques for MINT students"
Full name: ____(insert your information here)___
Type of Study (Bachelor, Master, Phd): ____(insert your information here)___
Study: ____(insert your information here)___
Faculty: ____(insert your information here)___
Matriculation number: ____(insert your information here)___
Contact E-Mail: ____(insert your information here)___
In case of more applicants than participant spots, spots are assigned by lot. Applicants will be notified via E-Mail whether they have a spot in the course after the second Klips registration period is closed, i.e. between 25.03. and 31.03.2021.
Further information available in Klips 2.0.